When you close your eyes, do you go back there, To a bended knee and a "Lord, I need you" whispered prayer? Remember the moment you let Jesus in, Would you give anything to go back there again?
You feel like a million mistakes and a million miles, Away from the first time faith of a child, But oh, I want you to know, He's making you new, He's making you new, He's healing your heart right where you are, If only you knew, He's lifting your shame, He's changing your name, And when you look back, The only thing that you'll see is His grace, Has been making you brand new, He is making you brand new, When it just doesn't feel like the old you is gone, The shame keeps telling your heart that you should be further along, You can fix your eyes now on the truth you know, That you are held by the hands of a savior that won't let go.
Ezekiel 36 verse 26 says: I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
In this song by Matthew West and this scripture, we see how God will give us a new heart and will remove the bad, and we can remember in times like this, that He's doing a new thing in our lives because no matter what we go through, we know God is always doing something new in our life.
Picked up the Book for the first time in ages, Still washed me clean with the dust on the pages, My life is a story I struggle to write, But is it one worth telling? Is it one You like?
So who am I? Who am I? Am I just a poor preacher's prodigal son? A troubled child, running wild, Chasing the glory instead of the One, Who says that I, even I, Have something still left to offer? So who am I? Who am I
To question the pen in the hands of The Author? Like every good story, you learn from the loss And I lost the plot every time I've played God, I live in a moment You already wrote And it proves that I'm someone, yeah, someone You love.
Hebrews 12 verse 2 says: Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
I want to say with this song by Brandon Lake and Nick Jonas that with this scripture, that God is still writing our story which is our testimony, and when we le go of the pen, we see how God can give us the greatest pieces of the puzzle to our testimony in which He is writing every single day of our lives.
Back when I was young, my faith was on fire, mm, In my Sunday best, singing with my chest, While the band played again for revival, mm, yeah, All those younger days went away in a hurry, mhm And now all that's left is a lifelong test And I can't seem to find my way, I need some hope, Where's the silver lining cutting through all the smoke? Yeah (Ooh-ooh), I need some hope, I'm prayin' that the devil loosens up his hold, oh-oh, I need some hope, Waiting 'til I'm on the other side of a miracle, mm-mm, I need some hope, If I'm not alone, please let me know, know, know, I need some.
Romans 15 verse 13 says: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Now with this scripture, with this song by Nick Jonas and Brandon Lake, we see how God can fill us with Hope, Joy, and Peace as we keep putting our hope in Him daily because no matter what we go through, we have Faith in how Jesus gives the abundance of Hope to lean not on our own understanding, but lean on God's Understanding, to know that He is our Hope and our Salvation.
When I think about my life, And the stories that shaped me, I′d taken all the credit, And shifted all the blame
Without the God who created all things, I am nothing, It's not about how I feel, Or the great things I think I′ve done, When I make it all about me, The truth is it's three to none, Without the God who created all things, I am nothing. The reason for my story, Is the King of the universe, The Creator of all things, When I tell my story, He must be first, The author of my story.
Romans 10 verse 9-10 says: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
In this scripture and song by Rob Reed, we see how no matter what we are going through in life, He is still the Author of our Story and He will always bring it to completion because God gives us that ability to be the light and share what God continues to do in our lives and helps us know that He is still our Father in Heaven and He keeps writing what our testimony will continue to be, even when we let go of the pen.
Baptize me when the wind sings new songs, And flows deep in my lungs, To breathe kingdom come, Baptize me when the rain falls on the sea, And stares back at me, Baptize me.
John 1 verse 33 says: And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’
In this scripture and song by Benjamin James, we see how great and wonderful it is to be baptized and how in these scriptures we have gone through and a lot of the songs we've gone through, that our testimony isn't over and He keeps making us new, because we are all a new creation in Christ.
I went down to the river, To wade into the water, The preacher put me under, And after I was born again. Wash me clean, clean, In the blood red river’s flow, Till I’m free, free, There in the undertow, Jesus, you’re the only peace I know, Take me to the river.
Matthew 28 verse 19-20 says: Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
In this scripture and song by Kershaw, just like the song before this one, I want to say in how with these two songs about Baptism and being baptized, that it relates to every other song and scripture and what the message that I'm trying to get across because my message I'm trying to get across is how with these songs and scriptures, we are a new creation, and we are a beloved child of God that is being apart of what God is wanting for our stories, which are our testimonies each and every single time out.
I wanna know what's it to be known, not judged by the cover, wearing my heart out on my sleeve to be know by the author, how does it look to be an open book, be understood by the writer, well He wrote the words, He picked the page, He even picked the font, He knows the plot, He knows the names, He chose the title on the front, sees every chapter, every highlight, every water-stained spot, is this how it looks to be an open book? To be the daughter of the author.
John 15 verse 16 says: You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
Finally, in this last scripture and song by Ryland Brielle, we see how each song and scripture has tied so well together, and how no matter what we are Redeemed in Christ, and we can keep on going and striving until the Author of our Story, calls us home to be with Him, because we can keep on knowing that when we let go and let God, we can be free in the freedom of Christ, to know that our testimony isn't done yet.
I just want to finally share a scripture that I feel goes into this study because I feel like this one ties it altogether in what we have been talking about and how God is merciful and worthy to be praised.
Proverbs 1 verse 7 says: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
I wanted to share that one with all of you as a lasting scripture because each scripture and the songs, we can see no matter what, we can thank God everyday that He doesn't give up on us and how He created us in His Image and we don't have to be afraid in the things that God has given us in the gifts and talents that He has given us and how we can rely on Him to show us the way, when we have gone astray, because even if we go astray, He would leave the 99 for us to find us and bring us back home again.
No comments:
Post a Comment